Winter in New England can be a beautiful time to get married or have your engagement photos taken. I’ve photographed my share of winter sessions and I’ve put together a list of tips for you to be prepared.
- Dress in Layers. I know it may seem bulky but layers like big warm sweaters and cute coats can really be fashionable and add comfort!
- Bring useful props. This goes along with the layers. Cute hats, gloves, scarves, blankets, etc. These items add a sense of warmth and style to your images.
- Take breaks. When it’s 13 degrees outside you want to make sure you’re not getting frostbite! Find a car or building to pop in to for a few minutes to thaw out!
- Make it fast. Your expression says a lot in a photo and if you’re in pain it will show!
- Make the most of your location.